Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Casey Braga's Win at Lake Louisa

The Lake Louisa crits are in Lake Louisa state park. The course is hilly and very fast. There is an A and a B race. I raced and won the B race. At the start I stayed at the front half of the pack. Then I tried a solo attack and held it for a mile, till the pack caught me. For the rest of the race I stayed in the front and middle of the pack. Toward the end I was about to ease up a hill until Tracy Mullins, a strong Armada team rider told me (yelled at me) to keep going. Then 4 or 5 guys were in a breakaway 200 meters before the finish. I caught up to them and sprinted on the far side of them. Francisco, another strong Armada racer, started to sprint and try to catch me. I saw him and put more power to the pedals and sprinted to the finish. That was my first non-junior race win.

No comments:

Post a Comment