Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lakeland Twilight Criterium

By Brandon Forman

It was a harsh day of racing. The rain was pouring and I thought about bailing out of the CAT 5 race for the day. Lucky for me the rain stopped, and the course dried up, and I was able to race without any worries. When the whistle blew I was really hoping to stay with the pack. With every lap my wish was coming true as I stayed with the lead group chasing down the leader. Even though I was able to catch him once, I dropped back and hung with the remainder of the group also trying to catch him as they started counting down the laps. I had this amazing feeling inside me because I had stayed with not just the pack but the lead group finishing in tenth place which I probably wouldn’t have been able to achieve without my team cheering me on from the sidelines. Thanks to Diane for all the wonderful coaching and to Henry and Will Willis for teaching me how to turn around sharp tight corners on the Thursday night training rides. Thank You for believing in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment