Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pinellas Park Category 4 Win

By: Bradley Gordon

The Cat 4 race was a good race. The pace was about 25 mph
for most of
the time with one or two attacks every lap.
I sat in the middle of the
pack and kept an eye on two other
junior racers who I knew were strong.

I didn’t really do a lot other than sit in until the last lap.
Occasionally I would hop on a wheel and catch a ride to the front of
the pack, but that was only if I saw a line already going to the front.
This was 9 ½ laps of the race.

Once we made the last corner on lap 10 I jumped to the front, which was
perfect timing because right then Dave Bush attacked and I was able to

wedge my way into the line. At about 200 meters to go I was sitting
5th, the pace let up a little so I used the gutter to get past the
riders in 4th 3rd and 2nd and sprinted after the man in first and past
him ten feet in front of the line and won by half a bike length.
Photo Credits go to Brad Gordon and Sean Doherty.

No comments:

Post a Comment